Last Updated on January 1, 2024 by Daniel Osakwe
How to Connect Your Computer to Your TV.
Your computer is an important part of your home. It’s the center of your life. So it’s no surprise that you want to connect it to your television. With a few simple steps, you can do just that.
You have a few options for connecting your computer to your television. Depending on what kind of connection you want, you can connect your computer to your TV using a VGA cable, HDMI cable, or Wi-Fi Connection
Regardless of whether you are using a desktop or a laptop, the ability to connect a PC to a TV is now crucial.
We’ll demonstrate a few ways to hook a computer to a TV in this post. You can select any strategy that works for you. These techniques can also be used to connect a laptop to a television.
Table of Contents
The methods of connecting your computer to your tv are
- The use of an HDMI cable
- The use of a VGA or DVI cable
- Connection via Wi-Fi
The Use of an HDMI Cable
Utilize an HDMI connection to connect your PC to your TV: Both the HDMI port on your PC and the HDMI port on your TV share the same connector, and the HDMI cable should be compatible with both. You should keep track of the port number you plug an HDMI cable into if your TV has multiple HDMI ports.
Change the input on your television: To switch the TV’s input to HDMI, pick up the TV remote control or operate the on-screen buttons.
Note: Choose the HDMI port connected to your PC if your TV has more than one HDMI port. While occasionally, when it detects a signal, your TV may alter the input.
Select Display: Select Display Settings by performing a right-click on the desktop of your computer.
Click Detect: Your computer will then start looking for the TV that is connected to it at that point. Then you can see that the window has two squares with the numbers 1 and 2 on them.
Press Identify: In order for you to know which number has been assigned to your computer monitor and which number has been assigned to your TV, this can display a label on each screen. 1 and 2 refer to the primary and secondary displays, respectively.
To reveal it, click Multiple displays: Then, choose the option you want to utilize.
Duplicate these displays: The TV will display an identical replica of what is on your computer screen.
Extend these displays: It will stretch your desktop to include your TV.
- only on 1: It will deactivate the number 2 display.
- only on channel 2: It will disable the display for the number 1.
To maintain the settings, click Apply: Your PC and TV ought to be successfully connected after these steps.
The Use of a DVI or VGA Cable
- With the use of a DVI or VGA connection, connect your computer to your TV.
- Use an audio cable to connect your computer to your TV.
- Alternate your TV’s input.
Note: To switch the TV’s input to DVI or VGA, pick up the TV remote control or operate the on-screen buttons, and then push the input button.
The input on your TV can be marked as PC or Computer. Or possibly your TV will change its input automatically when it detects a signal.
- Select Display Settings by performing a right-click on your computer.
- Click Detect.
- Press Identify.
- Select the desired choice from the drop-down menu under Multiple displays.
- To maintain the settings, click Apply.
Your PC and TV ought to be successfully connected after these steps.
The Use of Wi-Fi
- Switch on your TV’s Wi-Fi. You should be aware that not all TVs can offer this feature in this case. You can consult your TV documentation if you’re not sure.
- Connect your TV to the same Wi-Fi network that your computer is currently connected to.
- On your computer, right-click and then choose Display Settings.
- Select Duplicate this screen from the drop-down list for Multiple displays.
- To maintain the settings, click Apply.
- On your PC, go to Start > Settings > Devices > Connected Devices.
- Then select Add a device.
- Your computer will connect to your TV when you choose it.
Note: After employing this technique, you can wirelessly link a computer to a television.
- Click here to see the best smart TVs to buy
To sum up
This article can be useful if you wish to connect your laptop or desktop computer to your TV. You can always find a technique that works for you.