Last Updated on January 1, 2024 by Daniel Osakwe
If you are looking for a way to find a WiFi password on your computer, this article will provide you with some great tips. We’ll show you how to find WiFi password on computer running Windows 11, and 10.
How to Find Your WiFi Password on Windows 10
On a Windows 10 computer, enter the Windows search bar and type WiFi Settings to discover your WiFi password.
Then pick your WiFi network name > Wireless Properties > Security > Show characters from Network and Sharing Center.
- In the bottom-left corner of your screen, click the magnifying glass symbol. If this button isn’t visible, try clicking the Windows button on your keyboard or the button with the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Then click Open after typing WiFi Settings into the search window.
- You can also use your keyboard’s enter key.
- Click Network and Sharing Center as you scroll down.
- On the right side of the window, this is located under Related Settings.
- Choose the name of your WiFi network.
- This is located on the right side of the window, near Connections.
- Next, choose Wireless Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- This can be located at the window’s top, near the Connection tab.
- Finally, to view your WiFi password, click the Display characters box.
- The dots in the Network security key box will then change to show the password for your Windows 10 WiFi network.
Note: This process to find passwords for wifi in windows 10 can also be used on windows 11.
How to find wifi password on windows using a command prompt
If you’ve been searching for the WiFi password of your router, you can use the command prompt. The following tutorial will teach you how to find the WiFi password on the computer.
- Lunch the Command Prompt with cmd.exe or open it with administrative privileges.
- Input these commands and press Enter after each:
mode con lines=60
netsh WLAN show profile name=”Mufasa” key=clear
(assuming that Mufasa represents the SSID of your WLAN)
- Next, carefully write down the details on paper.
So, that’s it. To figure out wifi password isn’t such a tedious task. However, always ensure you keep your wifi password safe. Read our post to learn how to create a strong wifi password no hacker can break.