Last Updated on December 1, 2023 by Daniel Osakwe
A network security key is a code or passphrase that allows you to associate your PC or cell phone with a private network.
Table of Contents
What Is a Network Security Key?
Each got organization will have a network security key, however only one out of every odd network utilizes a similar sort of security.
- WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy): Encrypts information between customers utilizing a static encryption code.
- WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access): Uses a special “bundle blending” capacity and uprightness checks.
- WPA2 (Wi-Fi Protected Access 2): Uses a security convention with pre-shared key (PSK) verification. On account of big business clients, WPA2 utilizes an undertaking verification server.
You can check which security technique is at present empowered, and discover your network security key, by getting to your router.
How Do You Find Your Network Security Key?
The simplest method to discover your network security key is through your router straightforwardly.
- To start with, access and log into your home switch as manager.
- Menu systems change between switch brands, yet most show your network SSID and network security key on the primary page.
- On the off chance that it isn’t shown on the principal screen, you can discover the Wi-Fi secret key by discovering Connection or Wi-Fi in the route menu. The Wi-Fi association settings screen shows you the network security key.
- On the off chance that you approach the switch, it’s the quickest and simplest approach to discover the passphrase or encryption key.
Find the Network Security Key On Your Phone
On the off chance that you need to save time, you can see the put-away network security key on your Android or iPhone.
There are a few different ways to find the saved network security key on your Android.
- Introduce ES File Explorer and access the Root Explorer feature. Tap Local and Device to see your gadget’s root file. You can get to the root envelope, and explore misc and wifi to see the Wi-Fi security key in the wpa_supplicant.conf file. This alternative requires root access, so it will not work for most clients.
- Another alternative is to introduce an Android terminal emulator and issue the cat/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf command to see the document substance and see the network security key. Once more, root access is required.
- The most ideal choice without root is to introduce and connect Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Whenever you’re associated with your Android, you can access and view the substance of the wpa_supplicant.conf file to see your Wi-Fi secret phrase.
ON IPHONE OR IPAD
Finding your hidden network security key on an iPhone is a lot simpler, and doesn’t need root access.
- Access your iPhone Settings menu, tap iCloud, and tap on Keychain. This empowers the keychain include.
- Return to the Settings menu and enable Personal Hotspot.
- On your Mac, associate with your iPhone’s Personal Hotspot.
- Press the CMD and Space keys on your Mac to open the Searchlight utility. In the hunt field, type keychain access and press Enter.
- Type the name of your Wi-Fi network (the SSID), at that point double tap on the SSID.
- Select the Show Password checkbox. You may have to type your Mac’s administrator secret phrase to permit the secret key to be shown.
Find the Network Security Key On Windows
The most effortless approach to discover your Wi-Fi secret key is in the event that you’ve effectively associated with the network with your Windows 10 PC.
- Snap the Start menu and type Network Status. Select the Network status system settings utility.
- In the Network Status window, select Change connector choices.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the dynamic Wi-Fi network connector and select Status.
- on the Wi-Fi Status window, select Wireless Properties. This will open the Wireless Network Properties window.
- Select the Security tab, and empower the Show characters checkbox under the Network security key field.
- This will uncover the network security key for your remote network.
Find the Network Security Key On Your Mac
Getting to the secret word for your network on your Mac is comparably straightforward. On Mac, the network key is situated in Keychain Access.
Here’s the manner by which you can discover it.
- Select Go and select Utilities, at that point select Keychain Access.
- Select login, and look through the rundown of organization associations to locate your dynamic network. In the event that you don’t see the dynamic network, select System and locate the dynamic network there.
- On Mac OS X frameworks more established than form 10.6.x, in the Keychains window, select All Items. Look through the rundown of network associations to locate your dynamic network.
- Under Name, select the Network Name for your dynamic network. Under the Attributes tab, select the checkbox next to Show secret key.
- You should enter your Mac Administrator or Keychain secret key to see the network secret phrase. Enter it and select OK.
- You can discover the network secret phrase in the Show password field.
Keep Your Wi-Fi Password Safe
It’s not difficult to track down your network security key from any gadget associated with your network. A great many people do this to give the secret phrase to guests. Nonetheless, a safer alternative is to create a visitor remote network for that reason.