Last Updated on September 1, 2023 by Daniel Osakwe
Taking screenshots on laptops either windows or Mac can sometimes be tricky. So, to make it easy and straightforward for you, we’ve revealed a few tips on how to take screenshots on Windows and Mac laptops.
So, having said that, if you’re looking for the easiest ways to take screenshots on a laptop, you just found the right place.
To take screenshots on a laptop, here are the steps to follow:
Table of Contents
How to Take screenshots on your Windows Laptop
Step 1: Use keyboard shortcuts to screenshot the entire screen and an active window
In the event that you need to take screen captures on your PC and, at that point use them in an application, the snappiest way is utilizing Windows keyboard alternate ways.
- To take a screenshot of the entire screen, press the Print Screen or PrtSc key.
The whole screen will be caught and consequently duplicated to the Windows clipboard. At that point, you can glue the screen capture into Paint, Word, or some other applications.
- To take a screenshot of an active window, press Alt+PrtScn.
Select the window you need to capture, at that point press the Alt and PrtScn keys simultaneously, and the image will be taken and duplicated to the clipboard. You can just utilize these Windows keyboard alternate routes to catch the whole screen or a solitary window.
In the event that you need to catch a chose zone and edit the screen capture, you need to utilize different techniques — try Step 2 or 3, beneath.
Step 2: Use Snipping Tool to take and edit screenshots
Snipping Tool is a pre-introduced system instrument for screen capture. You can utilize it to catch your screen and do some straightforward altering. Here’s the means by which to utilize Snipping Tool to take screen captures on Windows PC:
- Type snip in the Windows search box, and select Snipping Tool from the outcomes.
- At Snipping Tool, click New to catch a screen capture.
- Move the crosshair to where you need to begin the screen capture, at that point drag to choose an area. Note: If you need to drop, press Esc before you click.
- Click the Save Snip icon to save the screenshot. Note: You can save the image in PNG or JPEG design.
In the event that you need to do some unique altering with your screen captures and, at that point share them with your buddies, you can attempt Step 3, underneath.
For step 3, you can use third-party software to take screenshots on a windows laptop. some examples of such software are:
How to take a screenshot on your Mac laptop
On your Apple laptop, you can also catch the whole screen, or simply a part of the screen by following these steps below.
How to take a screenshot on your Mac
- To take a screen capture, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3.
- In the event that you see a thumbnail toward the side of your screen, click it to alter the screen capture. Or on the other hand, sit tight for the screen capture to save to your desktop computer.
How to capture a portion of the screen
- Press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 4.
- Drag the crosshair to choose the zone of the screen to capture. To move the choice, press and hold the Space bar while dragging. To drop taking the screen capture, press the Esc (Escape) key.
- To take the screen capture, discharge your mouse or trackpad button.
- In the event that you see a thumbnail toward the side of your screen, click it to edit the screen capture. Or on the other hand, hang tight for the screen capture to save to your desktop.
How to capture a window or menu
- Open the window or menu that you need to catch.
- Press and hold these keys together: Shift, Command, 4, and Space bar. The pointer changes to a camera symbol. To drop taking the screen capture, press the Esc (Escape) key.
- Snap the window or menu to catch it. To avoid the window’s shadow from the screen capture, press and hold the Option key while you click.
- In the event that you see a thumbnail toward the side of your screen, click it to alter the screen capture. Or then again sit tight for the screen capture to save to your desktop.
People also ask
How do you take screenshots on laptops?
Press the Windows key and Print Screen simultaneously to catch the whole screen. Your screen will diminish briefly to demonstrate an effective depiction. Open a picture altering program (Microsoft Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro will all work). Open another picture and press CTRL + V to glue the screen capture.
How do you screenshot on a Macbook Air laptop?
To take a screen capture, press and hold these three keys together: Shift, Command, and 3. On the off chance that you see a thumbnail toward the edge of your screen, click it to alter the screen capture.
Why can’t I take screenshots on my MacBook Pro laptop?
In the event that your rundown appears to be unique, type Keyboard in the inquiry sheet in the upper right of the System Preferences window. Snap the Shortcuts tab in the Keyboard window. Snap ScreenShots in the rundown on the left of the Shortcuts tab. Check the containers for all alternate ways you wish to re-empower.
So you see, taking screenshots on laptops isn’t that hard right? Be that as it may, if you’re still finding it difficult to take a screenshot on your laptop, at that point, you might need to check your keyboard if it’s functioning properly or probably seek assistance from a professional.